Dental caries, Dental floss, Dental sealant, dentist on cedar blvd, dentist on mowry, dentist on stevenson, Fluoride, fremont dentist, Gingiva, green dentist in fremont, green dentist in newark, Health, Mouthwash, newark ca dentist, newark dentist, Tooth, Tooth brushing, Toothpaste
Cavities in children are very common, mainly pre-school kids and youth. Most often cavities in kids are cause by unhealthy eating and not able to clean the teeth properly.
How can you prevent cavities in Children?
- Brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, for at least 2 minutes each time. It is helpful to watch your kids while they are brushing and help them with hard to reach areas. Most often they skip the back teeth and areas close to gum line.
- Use of electric tooth brush for kids has proven to be more effective in removing plaque, provided correct technique is followed.
- Kids’ mouth rinse with fluoride is not a replacement for brushing and flossing.
- Rinse their mouth with water after they eat sticky/sweet food.
- Clean between their teeth daily with kids floss or interdental cleaner, before they go to bed.
- Make them eat nutritious and balanced meals and limit snacking.
- Check with your dentist about the use of supplemental fluoride, which strengthens your teeth, and about use of dental sealants (a plastic protective coating) applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth (where decay often starts) to protect them from decay.
- Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral examination, every six months.
Fremont dentist Dr. Jaspreet Harika treats children of all ages, starting from as young as 2 years old. Contact her state-of-the-art dental office in Newark, CA, to setup an appointment for your child.